Hoopla for iPad
- Hoopla is offered through your public library and has a large variety of items available including eBooks, audiobooks, graphic novels, movies, TV shows, and music.
- You are allowed multiple downloads per month. (every public library has a different limit.)
- Items will be returned automatically, so there are no late fees.
- There are no holds. All items are available for checkout at all times. However, returning an item does not let you check out another. You only get the limited rentals per month.
- To sign-up for Hoopla's online eResources:
- Make sure you have your library card number handy. If you need to apply for a library card, every library has electronic registration available on their website.
- Go to the your public library website Arlington Heights Memorial Library, Mount Prospect Public Library, Prospect Heights Public Library. Click on eBooks (this is located in different places at each library) and select Hoopla.
- To access Hoopla's ebooks and audiobooks
- To access these resources on a tablet, download the app from self service. Make sure you have your Library Card. The PIN that Hoopla asks for is the last four digits of your library card number.
- Use the menu bar to search for a title or an author.
- Books shows you the various types of books (audiobooks, comics, ebooks) allowing you to jump right to those sections.
- You can also search by using the genre button in the upper right. You can search by many different types of books (young adult fiction, young adult nonfiction)
- Once you find the item you would like, choose Borrow (to check out the item) There will be a description of the item, author(s), series info, and related titles.
- After checkout, visit the My Hoopla section of the homepage to read, listen to, or watch what you have checked out. This will also show you how many borrows you have left and when you items are due.
- Just touch the item to begin reading/ listening/watching. Items will always be where you last left off, so there is no need for bookmarks.
SORA for iPad
With Sora, you can borrow free ebooks and audiobooks from John Hersey High School. The lending period is 28 days. There is no need to return the book and there are no fines.
- To Access Sora:
- Install the Sora app from Self Service.
- In Sora, search for Township High School District 214.
- Sign-in with your netID (first initial, last name, last four numbers of your id and your password)
- Browse the Explore tab and borrow a book. Your book will open so you can start reading right away.
- Close the book and go to your Shelf to see all your books currently checked out.
- From your Shelf, you can:
- Click or tap Open Book or Open Audiobook to read or listen to the book.
- Click or tap Options to renew or return the book, get to your notes and highlights.